Get YouTube Shorts Not Showing Thumbnail 2023 Fix
When it appears in search results or on a YouTuber’s profile, the image in your YouTube Shorts video is represented by the thumbnail. Despite this, appealing thumbnails can greatly enhance your short videos and make them more interesting to watch. However, some users reported issues with YouTube short thumbnails on their devices on Reddit, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
The issue known as “YouTube Shorts Not Showing Thumbnail” was encountered by a number of users, which can be discouraging. But don’t worry about it. We will demonstrate the potential solutions to your YouTube Shorts not showing thumbnail issues in this article. By following the means cautiously, you can undoubtedly tackle the thumbnail issue. Let’s get started, then.
What Reasons Are YouTube Shorts Not Showing Thumbnails?
You may be experiencing issues with your YouTube Shorts thumbnail for a variety of reasons. The most important reasons include:
- Video is too brief: YouTube may not be able to generate an appropriate thumbnail for your short videos if they are too short.
- Not Upheld Video Configuration: Another principal reason is that your YouTube Shorts isn’t upheld video designs or the code isn’t perceived by YouTube.
- Network Availability Issue: On your device, there may be a problem with your internet connection. On the off chance that you’re not associated with a steady association, then you might encounter an issue with the short thumbnail.
- Program Reserve: On the off chance that you’re getting to YouTube on your PC program and resolving an issue with short thumbnails, it’s because of program store and treats which keeps the thumbnail from stacking.
- Problem with the technical aspect: Additionally, it’s possible that the YouTube shorts thumbnails aren’t loading correctly due to technical issues or mistakes.
Fix YouTube Not Showing Thumbnails Issue
Try some troubleshooting techniques if you’re having trouble using YouTube Shorts on your device or if the short thumbnail isn’t showing.
Fix 1: Wait for YouTube to Update the Thumbnail
You will need to wait a moment if you have uploaded a short to your YouTube channel and noticed that the thumbnail for your short is not appearing on the screen. Here and there, it might take some time for YouTube to refresh your short thumbnail totally on your channel. Make sure to wait a moment before trying once more to see if the thumbnail for your YouTube Shorts is showing.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device
The following thing you need to do is restart your cell phone or PC. Additionally, software bugs and issues that prevent your short video from updating thumbnails on your channel are to blame for the problem with YouTube short thumbnails. Repeating the gadget might assist you with fixing any minor issues and bugs which show up on the gadget. Follow these steps to force your device to restart:
- Press and hold the power button (side button) on your gadget and hold on until your gadget shows the logo on the screen.
- Once more, discharge the power button and trust that a second will walk out on.
- Next, try to determine whether your YouTube Shorts thumbnail or someone else’s short is displayed on your channel.
If you are experiencing the same problem while using YouTube on your laptop or computer, you should also restart your computer. Simply select the Restart option by clicking the Power icon at the bottom of the screen and pressing the Window Key on the keyboard. After a few seconds, your laptop will turn off and on by itself once more. It is hoped that the thumbnails for the YouTube shorts will appear on your channel.
Fix 3: Check Your Internet Connection
You must also check your smartphone and computer’s internet connection. The YouTube shorts thumbnails not showing are also caused by an unstable internet connection, as we mentioned earlier. Ensure you’re associated with major areas of strength for an association on your gadget. Furthermore, you can likewise attempt to restart your switch to invigorate the organization association on your PC. Once more, attempt to check assuming the issue has been settled.
Fix 4: Change the Thumbnail Manually
You should manually change the shorts’ thumbnail in the video editor after you have uploaded them to your channel. Your short will automatically display the thumbnail on the channel, which may assist you in resolving the issue you’re experiencing on your device. Notwithstanding, you can likewise attempt to choose an edge from the video or transfer a custom thumbnail picture from the camera roll or telephone display on your gadget.
Fix 5: Check the Image Size and Format
Make sure the image you use for your YouTube Shorts video is the right size and format if you are using a custom thumbnail. Some of the time, because of erroneous picture size and configuration, YouTube will not permit the thumbnail on the brief video, and that is the reason you might encounter an issue. Check the size and format of the images you use in your short video.
Alternately, you could try using a different picture with the right size and format that is compatible with short. The suggested size for YouTube thumbnail pictures is 1280 × 720 pixels, and the configuration ought to be PNG, JPG, GIF, or BMP.
Fix 6: Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies on your smartphone and computer is another straightforward solution. If your YouTube Shorts thumbnail doesn’t show the problem, you might be able to fix it by clearing the browser’s cache and cookies. This might also be of use to you because it might make your YouTube app run faster. Clearing your device’s cookies and browser cache is as easy as this:
- On your device, start the Chrome Browser.
- Select Settings by tapping the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Security and Privacy choice.
- The Clear Browsing Data option should be chosen next.
- Ensure the containers are checked. Make sure that each box is checked if it isn’t.
- At last, click the Unmistakable information choice, and that is all there is to it.
Fix 7: Update YouTube App
The other, the easiest option, is to update your device’s YouTube app. Your YouTube Shorts thumbnail may not be showing because of an out-of-date YouTube version. Make sure to download the most recent version of the YouTube app from the Google Play Store or the App Store. How to do it:
- On your device, open the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Type YouTube in the hunt bar and press enter.
- If the YouTube update is displayed on the screen, tap the Update option.
- Launch YouTube after you’re done.
- Try once more to see if the channel displays the YouTube shorts thumbnails.
Fix 8: Contact Support Team
Assuming that you have attempted the referenced arrangements and are as yet encountering an issue with the short thumbnail on your gadget, you ought to contact the YouTube support group for help. They will give ideas to fix your YouTube Shorts thumbnail not showing the issue. By following the idea, you may effortlessly tackle the issue you’re looking on your gadget.
The problem with YouTube Shorts video thumbnail not showing can be caused by a number of different things, and you can easily fix it by trying the solutions above. Try restarting your device, checking your internet connection, updating the YouTube app, or clearing the data in the browser’s cache. You can also factory reset your device if nothing works. Also, check the size and format of the image before adding or changing the thumbnail. I hope trying these solutions will help you quickly resolve the issue. You should get in touch with the YouTube support team for more assistance if the problem does not go away.